This event will be held and recorded over Zoom for Government. A link and password will be sent via email 24 hours and 1 hour prior to the event start time for those who register. For more info, see the computer and device requirements and Frequently Asked Questions. If you have specific questions or security concerns about Zoom for Government, please visit ZoomGov.com.
Before the event, visit the Zoom Download Center to install the Zoom web browser client.
Please contact us directly at email@example.com if you need accessible accommodations to be able to attend.
For a decade, the Center for Plain Language has issued a yearly Report Card evaluating how well agencies follow the Plain Writing Act. These agencies were judged on organizational compliance and writing quality.
This year, the judges focused on the main Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request page and the main Coronavirus page of 21 executive branch agencies, including all 15 cabinet-level departments.
- David Lipscomb — Director of the Writing Center and Associate Teaching Professor, Georgetown University
- Katherine Spivey — U.S. General Services Administration (GSA)
- Katina Stapleton — U.S. Department of Education (ED)
- 2021 Federal Plain Language Report Card
- 2020 Federal Report Card Briefing
- Federal Report Card Update
The Plain Language Action and Information Network (PLAIN) is a group of federal employees from different agencies and specialties who support the use of clear communication in government writing. Join the Community of Practice.
Have questions about this event or future events? Send us an email »