Open to anyone with a .gov or .mil email address.
To join, email email@example.com with
Join: Accessibility / Section 508 in the subject.
The IT Accessibility Community of Practice helps federal agencies buy and build accessible IT, with tools, training and best practices to support universal design, accessible development, and 508-compliant procurement. We work to encourage the adoption of accessible IT across the federal government.
Who We Are
The IT Accessibility Community consists of governmental professionals working to enhance IT accessibility across government. We also engage advocacy groups, industry, and academia to around innovative solutions for accessible technology.
What we do
We identify and promote best practices for implementing the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Accessibility Standards. We share successful practices and information with each other. We use a diverse set of tools, from universal design to accessible development, to increase the accessibility of federal IT.
- 2021 Federal Plain Language Summit (09/21/2021)
- Accessible Digital Content: Tips and Tricks (05/26/2021)
- USWDS & Accessibility: Creating More Inclusive Federal Websites (05/20/2021)
- Plain Language: Accessibility for Content (03/10/2021)
- Practical Tips for Accessible Content and Multilingual Websites (12/03/2020)
- The Intersection Between Plain Language and 508 Compliance (04/15/2020)
The Communities of Practice are hosted by digital.gov, a service of the Technology Transformation Services (TTS) within the General Services Administration (GSA). GSA is a federal agency subject to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and must comply with requests for records made under FOIA. As a result, all communications made on this Communities of Practice LISTSERV are subject to release under FOIA.
When participating in this CoP, follow Digital.gov Community Guidelines.
Have feedback or questions? Send us an email »