Resources on Research
- 18F Methods—A collection of tools that describe how teams can put human-centered design into practice.
- 18F Research Guidelines—Covers the basic principles research: informing and getting consent, and managing personally identifiable information (PII)
- Addressing Barriers to User-Centered Design—An overview of the most common barriers and how federal agencies might address them.
- Guide to the Paperwork Reduction Act—A plain language guide which answers the most common questions to the PRA
- Managing Research Projects Remotely—Best practices for distributed teams.
- Stakeholder and User Interview Checklist—Stakeholder and User Interview Checklist
- The basics of human-centered design in government—How the Lab at OPM drives innovation through design education
- Tips for capturing the best data from user interviews—How to ensure the most useful information makes its way back to your team for further analysis
- Usability Testing with Steve Krug—Get started making usability fixes to your website or product.