Strengthening information accessibility for consumers with limited English proficiency
Wednesday, May 24, 2023 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET
Hosted by Digital.gov and the Multilingual Community of Practice and Communicators Community of Practice
Join us for a webinar with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) team to discuss the new work they are doing to increase language access on ConsumerFinance.gov.
Experiencing a financial challenge can be daunting, and it can be even more overwhelming when critical financial information is not in your primary language. Financial issues can have a significant impact on people’s lives, and it is crucial to have access to information that can help them navigate these challenges effectively.
We will hear from the CFPB team about their work to ensure meaningful access to individuals with limited English proficiency.
This event is best suited for all levels of multilingual practitioners. Those who work in related fields such as plain language, communications, customer experience, user experience and web management will also benefit from attending.
- Carmen Cruz - Financial Education Program Analyst, CFPB
- Stephanie Osan - Product Owner and Designer, CFPB
- Fedora Braverman - Multilingual Community Lead
- Laura Godfrey - Multilingual Community Lead
- Strengthening information accessibility for consumers with limited English proficiency
- Top 10 best practices for multilingual websites
- Tips to create, maintain, and present non-English digital content
The Multilingual Community of Practice is a group of government digital professionals working to expand and improve digital content in languages other than English. Join the Multilingual Community
The Communicators Community of Practice is a group of federal employees from different agencies and specialties who support the use of clear communication in government writing. Join the Communicators Community