When building a digital team at your agency, you will likely encounter many challenges. With increased competition for digital talent, staffing is tough —and quite a balancing act when you add in optimizing your digital tools and services for customers, and staying on budget.
In this session, you’ll hear from a panel of federal web managers on how to get the right skills, talent, and support in place to build your digital dream team. If you’re not yet building teams, don’t fear — this session will help you figure out where you can best fit in on a digital team.
Our panel will offer perspectives on topics such as:
- Identifying the key roles on a digital dream team and how to prioritize hiring;
- Having crucial conversations with your leadership on budgeting and hiring, including how to align job duties and classifications;
- Making the case to educate decision makers;
- Developing strategic staffing plans; and
- Creating a “future proof” roadmap for your digital team.
- Vicki McFadden, Product Manager with GSA Service Delivery — U.S. General Services Administration (GSA)
- Tori Garten, Web Managers Community Co-lead — National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Laura Larrimore, Digital and Creative Services Branch Chief — U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Ruxi Giura, Web Managers Community Co-lead — Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
The Web Managers Community of Practice is a group of government employees who manage government websites and digital services. They work to create a trusted, seamless online experience for all.