Incorporating user experience practices into data-driven development of a biomedical software tool
Wednesday, May 03, 2023 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET
Hosted by Digital.gov and the User Experience Community of Practice
Join us for a discussion with the National Cancer Institute (NCI) on how a university-based researcher uses user experience (UX) design in building tools that display complex, scientific data.
Mary Goldman, an NCI grantee from the University of California Santa Cruz Genomics Institute, will share her experiences incorporating UX from the beginning while using limited resources.
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Building for a scientific user
- Thinking about the user from the beginning
- The power of prototyping for both yourself and user testing
This event is best suited for: User experience and data science professionals who struggle to find ways to interpret complex data, especially those with limited resources.
- Dr. David Miller, Program Director [Modeling, Visualization, Interactive Media], National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health
- Mary Goldman, Design and Outreach Engineer, UC Santa Cruz Genomics Institute
- Natalie Buda Smith, Community co-lead, User Experience community
The UX Community of Practice is a group of managers, subject matter experts, designers, developers, writers and others interested in creating efficient, effective and useful technologies. Join the UX Community.