Open to anyone with a .gov or .mil email address.
To join, email email@example.com with
Join UX Community in the subject.
Join other federal user experience practitioners and learn how to make better user-centered products.
Send an email from your official government email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Join UX Community” in the subject line.
Jean Fox (BLS) and Silvia Salazar (NIH)
Members of the User Experience Community of Practice can:
- Ask questions and learn how other agencies are creating great user experiences!
- Find out how to conduct valuable user research with little (or no) budget!
- Meet other government usability practitioners!
- Share your own successes and tips!
Who we are
Our members include more than 1,100 federal, state, and local U.S. government employees and contractors with a valid .gov or .mil email address. We welcome program managers, subject matter experts, designers, developers, writers and others interested in creating efficient, effective and useful technologies.
What we do
- Create case studies of why UX works!
- Webinars and educational sessions for government Web managers, usability specialists, project managers, etc…
- User Experience (UX) networking events
- Connect people to useful UX resources
The Communities of Practice are hosted by digital.gov, a service of the Technology Transformation Services (TTS) within the General Services Administration (GSA). GSA is a federal agency subject to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and must comply with requests for records made under FOIA. As a result, all communications made on this Communities of Practice LISTSERV are subject to release under FOIA.
When participating in this CoP, follow Digital.gov Community Guidelines.