Open to anyone with a .gov or .mil email address.
To join, email email@example.com with
Join UX Community in the subject.
Avg. 9.55 emails per week
Join other federal user experience practitioners and learn how to make better user-centered products.
Send an email from your official government email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Join UX Community” in the subject line.
Jean Fox (BLS) and Silvia Salazar (NIH)
Members of the User Experience Community of Practice can:
- Ask questions and learn how other agencies are creating great user experiences!
- Find out how to conduct valuable user research with little (or no) budget!
- Meet other government usability practitioners!
- Share your own successes and tips!
Who we are
Our members include more than 1,100 federal, state, and local U.S. government employees and contractors with a valid .gov or .mil email address. We welcome program managers, subject matter experts, designers, developers, writers and others interested in creating efficient, effective and useful technologies.
What we do
- Create case studies of why UX works!
- Webinars and educational sessions for government Web managers, usability specialists, project managers, etc…
- User Experience (UX) networking events
- Connect people to useful UX resources
- FedRAMP & DAP Case Study Part 1: Assessing Analytics Strategy (07/28/2021)
- Digital Meets Culture: Getting Your Culture in Line With Your Digital Strategy (07/15/2021)
- 2021 User Experience Summit (06/22/2021)
- Plain Language Webinar: Using Words to Build Better Digital Experiences (06/09/2021)
- How Testing Your Documents Can Improve Plain Language Compliance (04/14/2021)
The Communities of Practice are hosted by digital.gov, a service of the Technology Transformation Services (TTS) within the General Services Administration (GSA). GSA is a federal agency subject to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and must comply with requests for records made under FOIA. As a result, all communications made on this Communities of Practice LISTSERV are subject to release under FOIA.
When participating in this CoP, follow Digital.gov Community Guidelines.
Have feedback or questions? Send us an email »