This event will be held and recorded over Zoom for Government. A link and password will be sent via email 1 hour, 1 day, and 1 week prior to the event start time for those who register. For more info, see the computer and device requirements and Frequently Asked Questions. If you have specific questions or security concerns about Zoom for Government, please visit ZoomGov.com.
Before the event, visit the Zoom Download Center to install the Zoom web browser client.
Please contact us directly at email@example.com if you need accessible accommodations to be able to attend.
Join GSA’s 10x team as they discuss using creative incentives to increase public participation in user research.
In this session, we’ll cover:
- Common barriers to conducting research with the public
- What 10x discovered about creative incentives, including paid compensation
- How incentives support agencies' diversity, equity, and inclusion goals
- Possible risks of public participation in user research
- Successful approaches to compensation by teams at GSA/TTS
The 10x team will also discuss what they have planned for the next phase and answer your questions.
This event is best suited for: Web managers and user experience (UX) practitioners of all levels of experience, from beginners to experts
- Matt Dobson - Product Manager, 10x
- Robert Jolly - Product Manager, 10x
- Beth Martin - Digital Services Expert (UX Designer), Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
You may also be interested in:
- Doing research at TTS: Compensating user research participants
- 18F Methods: Compensation, a - foundational method for practicing design research
- Paying incentives for federal user research
The UX Community of Practice is a group of managers, subject matter experts, designers, developers, writers and others interested in creating efficient, effective and useful technologies. Join the UX Community.
The Web Managers Community of Practice is a group of government employees who manage government websites and digital services. They work to create a trusted, seamless online experience for all. Join the Web Managers Community.