With an estimated 51 percent of the U.S. population saying that they’ve listened to a podcast, have you ever wondered if a podcast is right for your agency to get out information about your mission and work?
SocialGov’s fall meeting is bringing together four top experts in federal podcasting to talk about what it takes to put together a professional and engaging podcast, and tips to grow your audience.
- David A. Kosub, Ph.D, National Institutes of Health
- Matt Dozier, U.S. Department of Energy
- Ana-Maria Sinitean, U.S. Department of State
- Christopher M Wurst, U.S. Department of State
- Tanner Iskra, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- NIH: All About Grants Podcasts
- Energy’s Direct Current Podcast
- State’s 22.33 Podcast
- VA’s Borne the Battle Podcast
- 8:30-9:00 a.m. – Networking
- 9:00-9:15 a.m. – Intro: Why a podcast?
- 9:15-10:00 a.m. – Panel 1: Getting Started - Content
- Types of podcasts - interview panel discussion, narrative storytelling, hybrid
- Writing a script, development content, storytelling
- Podcast guest speakers
- 10:00 - 10:15 a.m. – BREAK
- 10:15 - 11:00 a.m. – Panel 2: Getting Started - Technical
- Equipment: Show us your setup
- Recording: Studio, in the field, over the phone
- Theme music and transitions
- Find a place to host your podcast
- iTunes podcast directory
- Marketing and growing your audience
- 11:00 - 11:15 a.m. – BREAK (conclusion of virtual portion of the event)
- 11:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. – Breakout sessions/small group Q&A
- Meet the podcasters!
This meeting is the fall meeting for SocialGov, the federal government’s social media community of practice. SocialGov has over 1,200 members from 90+ departments and agencies across the federal government.
Questions about this event or future events? Send them to email@example.com.
Have questions about this event or future events? Send us an email »