Come and join your UX colleagues to discuss the latest in government UX!
This an opportunity to learn, share experiences, and network with other UX practitioners from across government.
🎟Registration is now open for the 2019 Government UX Summit to be held at the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) in Washington, DC, on May 15, from 9 am - noon. U.S. Government employees and contractors with government email address are eligible to attend, so please use your government email address when registering.
In-person registration will be limited to the first 225 people.
All sessions will be recorded and posted on Digital.gov after the event.
Details on how to attend remotely will be sent out in the coming weeks to those who have registered.
There will be three tracks this year, covering a wide range of topics related to government UX work.
- UX Methods
- UX Management
- Design in UX
As a participant, you’re free to choose the talk that interests you the most on the day of.
9:00 – 9:15 - Welcome 👋
- Methods: Raising the Design Voice in Government: A Case Study, Kristal Byrd (GSA)
- View the slides (PDF, 5.95 MB, 52 pages)
- Management: Lessons from Building Remote-First, Cross-Functional Teams, panel led by Amy Ashida (GSA)
- Design: Embedding Service Design in New York City Government: Lessons Learned, Caroline Bauer (NYC Mayor’s Office)
10:00-10:15 – Break
10:15 – 11:00
- Methods: Accessible Experience First: The Key to Integrating UX in the Agile Process Under Budget and with Whole-Team Support, Arva Adams (USPTO)
- Management: Teaching Digital Skills: Learning Usability Testing by Peer Training, Maroya Faied and Shannon McHarg (ONRR)
- Design: The Importance of Color in UX, Scott Lenger (FRB)
11:00-11:15 – Break
- Methods: User Documentation–Do We Still Need This Stuff?, Kristen Faiferlick (NOAA, Contracted by Genwest)
- Management: CDC’s Digital First Approach: Enhancing User Experience on CDC Vaccines Site, Lisa Richman (CDC)
- Design: The Future of Government User Experience: Improving Faster with Design Systems, Aviva Oskow (GSA)
A community lunch will follow in the BLS cafeteria for those who wish to stay. Bring your lunch or purchase it in the cafeteria.
The 2019 Government UX Summit is sponsored by the User Experience Community of Practice (UX CoP) and DigitalGov.
The UX CoP is a group of more than 1,100 federal, state, and local U.S. government employees and contractors who are interested in applying UX methods to create efficient, effective, and useful products and systems. We provide training, networking, and support for government UX practitioners. Anyone with an interest in UX and a US government email address is encouraged to join.
Have questions about this event or future events? Send us an email »