“In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity” ― Sun Tzu
Welcome to “This Week’s IDEA”, your new update on the 21st Century Integrated Digital Experience Act (21st Century IDEA).
Each week, we’ll break down one topic that is essential to 21st Century IDEA and provide related guidance that your team needs to start making focused changes to your digital products. We’re aiming to publish this update each Monday morning on Digital.gov and distribute it through the Digital.gov newsletter and in our communities of practice (note: we might skip some holiday weeks).
Still Getting to Know 21st Century IDEA?
- We published an overview of 21st Century IDEA where we break down the key sections of the law in clear, plain language. We’ll be building on this in the coming weeks.
- Chat with others in government about 21st Century IDEA in the Web Managers community. This listserv has the right mix of people who work at the intersection of communication and technology in government.
- Oh and about the name — we’re not referring to this law as the “IDEA Act” or “IDEA” since there is already one of those out there. So we’re using the Act’s official short title, “21st Century IDEA.”
- We’re hosting a new series of talks on Agile from 18F’s Alan Atlas and Alan Brouilette.
- The U.S. Web Design System: November monthly call will be on Thursday, November 21, at 2:30 pm, ET.
- We’re also working on creating more visibility around the Federal Web Council and the work that they’ve been doing around 21st Century IDEA. More on that in the coming weeks.
From the Field
Have a 21st Century IDEA related comment or question? Or maybe you’d like to shout out some work your team has done? Send it to us by 3 pm ET on Thursdays (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll work to incorporate it into the next week’s newsletter.
Have feedback or questions? Send us an email »