“The customer is king.” “The customer is always right.”
Regardless of your feelings on these age-old customer service adages, the fact remains: we’re all serving someone. No matter what corner of the federal digital space you occupy, you are connecting with people, and the outcome of those connections matters.
To recognize the importance of these relationships, DigitalGov is focusing on customer service as our May monthly theme.
There are numerous ways to look at the customer experience and many digital professionals may ask themselves, how is it different from user experience? In fact, one of our most popular articles of 2014 was User Experience (UX) vs. Customer Experience (CX): What’s the Dif? Start with this article as you whet your CX whistle for this month, and learn more about how the two disciplines relate to each other.
This month will be packed with articles, including pieces on:
- Understanding how UX and CX professionals collaborate
- Improving customer interview techniques and survey response rates
- Creating government services through a “life events” approach
- Cultivating anytime, anywhere service delivery by finding “mobile moments”
- Agency customer service case studies from the Department of Veterans Affairs, Export-Import Bank and Office of Management and Budget
- The latest DigitalGov articles on customer service and recent trainings hosted by DigitalGov University