Although certain data sometimes stand out as surprising or odd, you need to consistently measure your predetermined success metrics to see if you are meeting your KPI targets.
- Learn how to best track your success metrics and KPIs in your tool
- Create necessary segments, filters, custom reports, or dashboards
- Know what makes up both successes and failures based on your strategy
- Break down your KPI metrics by location, technology, acquisition, etc. for greater insight
- What is the most reliable way to view our KPI metrics? Hint: it’s not always the easiest.
- What audience segments make up the largest or smallest KPI increases or decreases? Is it driven by mobile users, or users from Georgia, or users referred from a newsletter?
- Why do you think those segments contribute as they do? How can we test those assumptions?
- How do we react, now that we are equipped with this information?