Democratize the data
Allow the relevant parties to access the data, and empower them with the skills to understand it.
Reading time: 1 minute
Data democratization means breaking down barriers to information. Don’t force stakeholders to request data from a single data owner. Allow relevant parties access to data—and, crucially, empower them with the skills to understand it. That’s the best way to have the team holistically understand what success means for the project.
- Examine your existing user management processes
- Determine who needs direct access to data
- Remove any bureaucratic or organizational barriers preventing others from gaining access
- What teams are stakeholders in this? Communications, web development, content, others?
- Can we reduce workload by helping others get the data they need?
- Who needs to clear this, if anyone?