DigitalGov Podcast: Bridging Content and Discovery Through DigitalGov Search
You can find cute kitten photos online, but you can’t find Ben Franklin’s jetpack (well, you can search for it, but you won’t find it!).
For government agencies, connecting users to information is a critical part of meeting the public’s needs and delivering excellent customer service. DigitalGov Search helps agencies deliver information to government searchers on every level—federal, state, local, and tribal.
Recently, search analyst Dawn McCleskey sat down to discuss the work of DigitalGov Search, including:
- What DigitalGov Search does
- How working with search is a natural fit for librarians
- Why the government needs a homegrown search service
- The challenges of managing a search service for 2,500 websites
- Future directions for DigitalGov Search
- Why you can’t find everything online (like searching for Ben Franklin’s jet pack!)
To learn more about DigitalGov Search’s multilingual efforts, check out the recent article: Search, Buscar, Поиск, جستجو, Cari: Creating a Good, Multilingual Search Experience.
Just getting started with search? Register for November’s DigitalGov Search Basics webinar.