GSA Open Government Builds Solutions and Gives Voice to Citizens
Our work at the General Services Administration encompass many of the pillars of Open Government, from giving a greater voice to citizens to through Public Participation innovations like Challenge.gov to making the DNA of all programs more accessible and usable through Open Data. We at GSA are proud to announce the agency’s commitment to the Third Open Government National Action Plan of the United States under the Open Government Partnership (OGP), announced this week at the OGP Summit in Mexico City, Mexico.
OGP is an international organization with 66 members countries promoting transparency, increased civic participation, and harness new technologies to make government more open, effective, and accountable. OGP’s ultimate goal includes improving the quality of services that citizens receive, and that’s something we too strive to champion by shipping and driving adoption of the best new products and processes.
GSA’s commitments in the National Action Plan not only use our resources and technology to improve citizen services, but we enthusiastically helped develop the plan itself to give a greater voice to citizens through coordinated open dialogues and collaboration between federal agencies, state and local governments, and civil societies.
Our commitments to the third U.S. National Action Plan include:
- Reconstitute USA.gov as the Front Door to the U.S. Government
- Review and Report Accessibility Compliance of Federal Websites
- Develop Limited-English-Proficiency Policies and Programs
- Make it Easier for Individuals to Access Their Own Information
- Support Open311 to Enhance Transparency and Participation
- Redesign Challenge.gov as a Platform
- Coordinate Open Innovation Opportunities Across Government
- Support the Municipal Data Network
- Improve and Report on Implementation of the U.S. Public Participation Playbook
For more information on the third U.S. National Action Plan for Open Government, read the announcement from the White House Open Government team. We look forward to delivering solutions for these commitments in pursuit of our goal to deliver better services that make a true impact for citizens.