How to Win Digital Like a Grammy
Dynamic content, such as blog posts, how-to videos, or case studies, can help. It gives you opportunities to reach new readers, highlight relevant older content in new ways, and engage with your audience to bring them back to your site again and again. Another huge bonus is that search engines tend to favor new content — so even if your evergreen content is great, it can lose its search ranking if you don’t update and refresh it over time.
Avinash has some other great tips:
- Only post content that is “incredible” and of value to your audience. Don’t put time and effort into creating content that no one cares about.
- Pay attention to the end-to-end customer experience, and focus on acquisition, behavior, and outcome metrics.
- Micro-conversions now can lead to more conversions/engagement later — get someone to follow your blog or Twitter feed, and they will be more likely to return and engage in other ways.
- Focus more resources on your own (vs. 3rd-party) platforms, so you stay in control of your customer interactions and experience.
- Give to get — provide something of value to people first, before asking anything of them, so they want to build a positive relationship with you.
If you haven’t read Avinash’s Occam’s Razor blog, I highly recommend it.