As Presidential Innovation Fellows (PIFs), our work reaches across every federal agency and visualizing this work can be daunting. How do we design informative dashboards that tell a story? How can we use our creativity to explore new visuals to make the complex more simple?
Join us for an interactive 20-person workshop on data storytelling. The federal call for open data means that very soon the American public will be involved in the civic tech process in new and engaging ways. Similarly, federal agencies are eager to visualize evidence based data in dynamic ways that tell stories and inspire both employees and external audiences.
- Nina Bianchi: a PIF and Director of Workforce Solutions at Centers of Excellence (CoE)
- Maria Dayton: a PIF and working with 24 agencies at GSA on Cap Goal 4
- Amy Ashida: a UX Designer with 18F who is collaborating on our AI-centric Story Bank
- Davar Ardalan: Deputy Director of the Presidential Innovation Fellows program
Data Storytelling Workshop Agenda:
- 10:30-10:40 Arrivals
- 10:40-10:50 Introduction to Data Storytelling (Davar, Nina, Maria)
- 10:50-11:00 Emoji icebreaker (Nina lead w/ support by Maria/Davar/Amy)
- 11:05-11:20 Best Practices: Dashboards (Maria)
- -break- 5 min
- 11:20-11:35 Davar & Amy of 18F Design Lab - What’s happening now across the USG
- 11:35-12:10 Imagine this! Every Dashboard Tells a Story: mobile + desktop (Nina)
- 12:10-12:30 Group: Show + Tell
Questions about this event or future events? Send them to email@example.com.
Presidential Innovation Fellows, DigitalGov University and 18F Design Lab are part of GSA’s Technology Transformation Services with a mission to improve the public’s experience with the government by helping agencies build, buy and share technology that allows them to better serve the public.