Mobile REMM App: New Physicians’ Aid
After its April update to 2.0.1, users now have access to management algorithms that provide scenario-based flowcharts to help in treatment decision making. These algorithms are successfully structured to provide instantaneous, organized access to a wide realm of protocols and guidance. In addition, the app also provides:
- A Scarce Resources Triage Tool that aids in victim distribution if medical facilities become overwhelmed.
- An alphabetized, encyclopedic Isotopes of Interest list with specific treatment details and other important characteristics, such as the radioactive half-life, exposure pathways, and focal accumulation sites within the body.
- Quick access to the 3, FDA-Approved Countermeasures for any internal contamination a victim may possess.
- Widely-renowned agencies that serve as Emergency Contacts in the event of such a Radioactive or Nuclear emergency, like the EPA, CDC, FEMA, NRC, and many more.
- Radiation-Unit conversion tools that allow for conversion equivalence calculations and both SI Unit and Common Unit terminology lists.
- Videos that can help prepare Emergency Responders and Physicians for these tragedies.
Katie Steffy, a rising senior at Virginia Tech, is earning a double degree in Dairy Science and Political Science with an emphasis in Legal Studies. She is interning with the Mobile Gov team this summer.