Openness in government strengthens our democracy, promotes the delivery of efficient and effective services to the public, and contributes to economic growth. As one vital benefit of open government, making information resources easy to find, accessible, and usable can fuel entrepreneurship, innovation, and scientific discovery that improves Americans’ lives and contributes significantly to job creation.
- A Strategy for American Innovation (PDF, 1.22 MB, 120 pages, October 2015)
- OMB M-13-13 Open Data Policy—Managing Information as an Asset (PDF, 5.83 MB, 12 pages, May 2013)
- Digital Government Strategy (May 2012)
- OMB M-10-06, Open Government Directive (December 2009)
- Guidance on the Use of Challenges and Prizes to Promote Open Government
- View all Open Government policies on whitehouse.gov
See more DigitalGov Resources