Department of Justice 2022 Memo Reaffirming the Mandates of EO 13166
Executive Order 13166, Improving Access to Services for Persons with Limited English Proficiency (PDF, 233 KB, 2 pages) was issued on August 16, 2000 and this memorandum reaffirms its mandate. The Executive Order has two primary parts:
- Each federal agency must develop and implement a system by which limited English proficient (LEP) persons can meaningfully access the agency’s services.
- Each agency providing federal financial assistance must issue guidance to recipients of such assistance on their legal obligations to take reasonable steps to ensure meaningful access for LEP persons under the national origin nondiscrimination provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and implementing regulations.
- Improving Access to Services for People with Limited English Proficiency (EO 13166)
- Commonly Asked Questions and Answers Regarding Executive Order 13166
- Federal Agency Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Guidance
See more DigitalGov Resources