The Site Scanning program automates a wide range of scans of public federal websites and generates data about website health and best practices. The program is a shared service provided by the Technology Transformation Services (TTS) at the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA).
We scan federal agencies for:
- The presence of agency websites and subdomains
- Server status, redirect status, and the relationship between the website and its domain
- Digital Analytics Program participation
- Use of the US Web Design System
- Search engine optimization
- Third party services
- Other best practices
Access the data directly
Learn more about the program, the scans, and the underlying data
Much deeper program detail can be found in the program’s documentation hub. The major sections include:
The creation of the underlying website index is explained in the separate Federal Website Index repository. It includes links to the original datasets, as well as descriptions of how they are assembled and filtered in order to create the list of URLs that are then scanned.
Contact the Site Scanning Team
Questions? Email the Site Scanning team at firstname.lastname@example.org.