This Community of Practice (CoP) is for anyone who is interested in government APIs and developer outreach, with a focus on the federal government. APIs are as important to digital government as they are are esoteric and sometimes difficult to understand. This forum exists to help federal agencies share news, ask for help, and expand the use of APIs in government.
Who we are
The community mailing list is open to everyone, though some events will be limited to those with a federal .gov or .mil email address.
What we do
- Share API news.
- Promote newly released APIs and developer hubs.
- Provide developer feedback for agencies.
- Help each other better understand APIs, how agencies are using them, and how to work with others at our agency to better understand this topic.
- Federal Source Code Summit: Towards a Source Code Community (10/08/2020)
- Operating Cloud Services Efficiently with Business-Driven IT (09/22/2020)
- USWDS Monthly Call: Form Components Update (07/16/2020)
- Intro to Cloud Foundry on Cloud.gov (03/31/2020)
- Federal Crowdsourcing Webinar Series, Episode 7: Crowdsourcing for Code (02/11/2020)
The Communities of Practice are hosted by digital.gov, a service of the Technology Transformation Services (TTS) within the General Services Administration (GSA). GSA is a federal agency subject to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and must comply with requests for records made under FOIA. As a result, all communications made on this Communities of Practice LISTSERV are subject to release under FOIA.
When participating in this CoP, follow Digital.gov Community Guidelines.
Have feedback or questions? Send us an email »