Daily imagery data taken by the Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera is now accessible via a RESTful API available from the NASA API Portal. The Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera (EPIC) is an instrument aboard NOAA’s DSCOVR satellite, which orbits at Earth’s Lagrange point, the sweet spot in space where the gravitational tug of the Earth and the Sun is equal. This allows DSCOVR to maintain a stable position between the Earth and Sun and thus a continuous view of the sunlit side of Earth.
Veronica is a NASA Open Data team member.
- Presidential Innovation Fellows Join FDA to Advance Digital Health
- Introducing USWDS 2.0
- Web Analytics: Why the Users Metric Just Got More Complicated
- Q&A With Ryan Day About GSA’s API Strategy
- A Year in the Life of a PIF
- Innovative Approaches to the Opioid Crisis — April 30, 8am ET
- Government UX Summit 2019 — May 15, 9am ET
- DAP Learning Series: Using the analytics.usa.gov API — May 23, 2pm ET