Daily imagery data taken by the Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera is now accessible via a RESTful API available from the NASA API Portal. The Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera (EPIC) is an instrument aboard NOAA’s DSCOVR satellite, which orbits at Earth’s Lagrange point, the sweet spot in space where the gravitational tug of the Earth and the Sun is equal. This allows DSCOVR to maintain a stable position between the Earth and Sun and thus a continuous view of the sunlit side of Earth.
Veronica is a NASA Open Data team member.
- Health Tech Sprint Aims at Improving Care Access and Experience
- GSA Steps Up Security for .gov
- A Design Challenge to Improve How School Data is Reported
- Want a More Innovative Agency? Encourage Employees to Experiment
- Collaborating for Better Design, Technology, and User Experience