MedlinePlus is a consumer health website produced by the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM), available in both English and Spanish. As part of our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy, we recently added meta descriptions to our health topic pages. A meta description is a short HTML attribute in the head tag that describes the contents of a web page. When the meta description is not available or is poorly written, search engines automatically generate their own version to describe what is on a web page.
Kate Masterton works on web analytics for MedlinePlus.gov, a consumer friendly health information website from the National Library of Medicine.
- Presidential Innovation Fellows Join FDA to Advance Digital Health
- Introducing USWDS 2.0
- Web Analytics: Why the Users Metric Just Got More Complicated
- Q&A With Ryan Day About GSA’s API Strategy
- A Year in the Life of a PIF
- Innovative Approaches to the Opioid Crisis — April 30, 8am ET
- Government UX Summit 2019 — May 15, 9am ET
- DAP Learning Series: Using the analytics.usa.gov API — May 23, 2pm ET