Starting October 2018, Presidential Innovation Fellows (PIF) kicked-off and will lead a 14-week tech sprint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and other digital enthusiasts. The goal of this tech sprint is to transform federal open data from HHS, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and other agencies into digital tools. Modeled after The Opportunity Project (TOP) at U.S. Department of Commerce, the TOP Health tech sprint is specifically designed to improve the patient experience, for example, by assisting in novel therapeutics accessibility and improving clinical trials.
Justin Koufopoulos is a Presidential Innovation Fellow who has worked on projects on healthcare and artificial intelligence for the White House, HHS/NLM, GSA, The CIO Council, and the VA.
- Introducing the 2019 Presidential Innovation Fellows
- Designing for Translation
- Out On the Front Lines of Civic Tech
- Health Tech Sprint Aims at Improving Care Access and Experience
- GSA Steps Up Security for .gov