The USDA’s multilingual FoodKeeper app has been updated to include three options for receiving food recall updates and expands storage timelines to over 500 products. This post was originally published on the USDA blog. The Department of Agriculture (USDA) today announced new updates to its popular FoodKeeper application that will provide users with new access to information on food safety recalls. The app has been updated so users can choose to receive automatic notifications when food safety recalls are announced by USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) and the Department of Health and Human Service’s Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Christopher Bernstein is part of the Food Safety Education Staff in the Food Safety and Inspection Service at USDA.
- Introducing the 2019 Presidential Innovation Fellows
- Designing for Translation
- Out On the Front Lines of Civic Tech
- Health Tech Sprint Aims at Improving Care Access and Experience
- GSA Steps Up Security for .gov