This memorandum is intended to direct executive departments and agencies to take specific actions to implement the principles of transparency, participation, and collaboration set forth in the President’s Memorandum on Transparency and Open Government. This Directive was informed by recommendations from the Federal Chief Technology Officer, who solicited public comment through the White House Open Government Initiative.
The four tenets of this memo are:
- Publish Government Information Online
- Improve the Quality of Government Information
- Create and Institutionalize a Culture of Open Government
- Create an Enabling Policy Framework for Open Government
- OMB’s Guidance for Online Use of Web Measurement and Customization Technologiesm-10-22-guidance-for-online-use-of-web-measurement-and-customization-technologies/)
- Social Media, Web Based Technologies, and the Paperwork Reduction Act