Federal Leadership and Professional Development Community
Providing federal employees with seminars on leadership, professional development, and strategy.
Connect with us
Anyone with a .gov or .mil email address is eligible to join
Email FedLeadershipSeminarfirstname.lastname@example.org to join. Leave the subject line empty .Join
The Federal Leadership and Professional Development community of practice connects thousands of federal employees and is steadily growing. The initiative provides an avenue to:
- bring employees together (despite barriers to connection, such as geographic distance);
- provide free training (as training resources are often limited)
- share federal leader expertise and successful strategies for common goals and hurdles (since we can go further, faster, by working together).
The community hosts free seminars throughout the year for a broad federal audience that includes: budding leaders who wish to lead where they are, individuals striving to attain leadership positions one day, those managing leadership development programs, and seasoned leaders wishing to learn from other federal leaders.
Attendance may be in-person (usually in Rockville, Maryland) or remote (by webinar or phone).
The community began as a seminar series; a grassroots effort to help support federal employees from within.
What we do
Our community’s goals are to facilitate:
- Connection between federal employees and with federal communities of practice.
- Sharing federal expertise, lessons learned, successful strategies, and new requirements.
- Problem solving for common hurdles.
- Professional development opportunities without fees for all levels of federal employees.
- Access to seminar series resources and other learning opportunities.
- Partnership with and promotion of similar efforts.
Our vision is to build, retain, and connect a more collaborative, engaged, and capable workforce with the tools and expertise needed to more efficiently and effectively serve the public.
- Learning to be a Leader (Government Executive, 10/30/2019)
- No-cost career development series helping feds move up the ladder (Federal News Network, 09/05/2019)
- Seminar series YouTube Channel
- Seminar series videos on Max.Gov
Who We Are
Community Manager Kim M. Wittenberg is a Health Scientist Administrator at the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). After completing a President’s Management Council (PMC) Interagency Rotation in 2017, Ms. Wittenberg created, and subsequently led, the Federal Leadership and Professional Development Seminar Series CoP to share lessons learned and foster cross-agency connections, collaborations, and sharing.
The Communities of Practice are hosted by digital.gov, a service of the Technology Transformation Services (TTS) within the General Services Administration (GSA). GSA is a federal agency subject to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and must comply with requests for records made under FOIA. As a result, all communications made on this Communities of Practice LISTSERV are subject to release under FOIA.
When participating in this CoP, follow Digital.gov Community Guidelines.