Circular A-130 was first issued in December 1985 to meet information resource management requirements that were included in the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) of 1980. Specifically, the PRA assigned responsibility to the OMB Director to develop and maintain a comprehensive set of information resources management policies for use across the Federal government, and to promote the application of information technology to improve the use and dissemination of information in the operation of Federal programs. The initial release of the Circular provided a policy framework for information resources management (IRM) across the Federal government. This is the FY 2000 revision.
- Digital Government Strategy (May 2012)
- Implementing Performance and Customer Satisfaction Tools (OMB guidance accessible to federal employees on the OMB MAX wiki)
- OMB M-11-26, Fast-Track Process for Collecting Service Delivery Feedback Under the Paperwork Reduction Act(PDF, 196 KB, 4 pages, June 2011)
- Executive Order 13571 – Streamlining Service Delivery and Improving Customer Service (April 2011)
- OMB M-10-22, Guidance for Online Use of Web Measurement and Customization Technologies (PDF, 102 KB, 9 pages, June 2010)
- OMB M-05-04, Policies for Federal Agency Public Websites (PDF, 48 KB, 5 pages, December 2004)
Have feedback or questions? Send us an email »