The Agile/Lean Community of Practice was started to bring together federal employees who are currently working with agile/lean methodologies or would like to learn more about Agile/Lean. We believe that agile/lean concepts can help the federal government become more efficient and effective while delivering better public services to the American citizen.
To join, send an email to email@example.com with no subject line and “subscribe agile-lean-cop” in the body.
Logan Powell (Census) and Dr. Bill Brantley (USPTO)
Who We Are
We are a diverse community of project managers, developers, agency leaders, and other public servants who want to improve organizational processes while becoming more personally effective in their work.
What we do
The Agile/Lean Community of Practice has three goals:
- To share best practices and case studies of successful agile/lean projects in the federal agencies.
- To provide learning opportunities through unconferences, webinars, and other training to help increase the adoption of agile/lean methodologies in government.
- To serve as a voice for the Agile/Lean federal government community.
- Agile Project Management Tutorial: What is agile project management? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJR-EgHTA4E
- Introduction to Lean Thinking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a255lkYgIpI
- Overcoming Cultural Resistance to Agile in Government https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFY7QrJtWww
- Agile Government 101 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7QzG33DK0
- The Innovative State – Lean (Government) Startups (Aneesh Chopra) TEDxUVA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtUrH0NH8MA