This Bulletin provides high-level record keeping requirements and best practices for capturing records created when federal agencies use social media.
The use of social media may create Federal records that must be captured and managed in compliance with Federal records management laws, regulations, and policies. This Bulletin does not contain platform-specific social media capture guidance.
- NARA blog post on Managing Official Email and Social Media Accounts during a presidential transition (October 10, 2020)
- NARA guidance for implementing Section 207(e) of the E-Gov Act
- NARA guidance on managing web records
- OMB M-17-06, Policies for Federal Agency Public Websites and Digital Services (PDF, 1.2 MB, 18 pages, November 2016)
- E-Government Act of 2002 (Section 207)
See more DigitalGov Resources