In September 2009, the President released his Strategy for American Innovation, calling for agencies to increase their ability to promote and harness innovation by using policy tools such as prizes and challenges. This guidance calls for the increased use of challenges and prizes to develop new tools and approaches to improve open government, and highlights for agencies policy and legal issues related to the use of prizes and challenges as tools for promoting open government, innovation, and other national priorities.
- A Strategy for American Innovation (PDF, 1.22 MB, 120 pages, October 2015)
- Executive Order—Making Open and Machine Readable the New Default for Government Information (May 2013)
- OMB M-13-13 Open Data Policy—Managing Information as an Asset (PDF, 5.83 MB, 12 pages, May 2013)
- Digital Government Strategy (May 2012)
- OMB M-10-06, Open Government Directive (December 2009)
- View all Open Government policies on whitehouse.gov
See more DigitalGov Resources