Accessibility, the “A” in DEIA (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility), is a foundation on which the federal workforce must build diversity, equity, and inclusion for people with disabilities.
Learn the basics of buying accessible information and communications technology (ICT), and discover how you can help ensure that electronic information is accessible to everyone.
During our discussion, panelists from the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) and U.S. Access Board (USAB) will discuss key concepts such as:
- Adding Section 508 requirements in solicitations
- Product Accessibility Conformance Reports (ACR)
- Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP)
- Michael Horton – Senior ICT Accessibility Specialist, GSA
- Andrew Nielson – Government-wide IT Accessibility Director, GSA
- Bruce Bailey – ICT Accessibility Specialist, USAB
- Megan Reed – Acquisitions Branch Chief, GSA
- Robert Jolly – Product Manager, GSA
- Integrating Accessibility into Agency Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (DEIA) Implementation Plans
- Executive Order 14035—Advance Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) in the Federal Workforce
- Digital.gov Accessibility Resources
About the IT Accessibility and Section 508 Community of Practice (CoP)
The IT Accessibility and Section 508 CoP is a group of federal employees who manage agency Section 508 programs or create electronic content. They work to create accessible online experiences for federal employees and members of the public.
Have questions about this event or future events? Send us an email at email@example.com