The Digital Analytics Program (DAP) Learning Series is designed to increase your skills and understanding of DAP’s implementation of Google Analytics in the government.
This half-day, online class will provide an introductory training on how to use DAP’s Google Analytics data.
Concepts we’ll cover:
- Basic terms and concepts
- Common web metrics: what they mean and when to use them
- How to create and deliver reports
- Analytics and sampling
Introduction to DAP
- What it means to be part of DAP
- How DAP implementation may be different
Basic Terms and Concepts
- Profile (view)
Common Web Metrics: What They Mean and When to Use Them
- Sessions and users
- Users/page views
- Bounce rate
How to Create Reports
- Audience reports
- Site content
- Landing pages
- Content drill-down
- Sources: direct, referral, organic search, etc.
- Search keywords
Analytics and Sampling
- Tips & tricks to avoid sampling
- Unsampled reports (exporting unsampled reports on-demand versus scheduled, etc.)
How to Deliver Reports
- Dashboard versus Report
- How to choose the right metrics for different reporting needs
- Emailing and exporting reports
The Digital Analytics Program (DAP) offers advanced, easy web analytics to federal agencies. DAP is run by the Office of Products and Programs in the GSA.