The program consists of:
- A no-cost, federal-wide Web analytics tool
- Implementation support
- On-going help-desk and data reporting support
- A public window into some DAP data at analytics.usa.gov
- Want to fork our dashboard? See our Github repo
- Digital Metrics guidance and best practices
Benefits and Features
No-cost, hosted website analytics
- Provides comprehensive, easy-to-use analytics for every section of your online presence.
- Delivers broad overviews and in-depth insights that apply to programs across your agency.
- Scalable to handle a broad range of .gov sites (large and small).
- Allows instantaneous access to a targeted set of critical performance data.
- Meets agency compliance with OMB reporting on the 10 Minimum Common Baseline Performance Metrics for Milestone 8.2.
- Hosted service by GSA avoids duplication of agencies purchasing the same tool and going through separate procurements.
Quick, reliable, and secure infrastructure
- Delivers instant analytics for up-to-the minute site awareness.
- GSA’s signed Terms of Service agreement provides legal framework for using the tool.
Data insights across agencies
- Using a common analytics tool across federal agencies will deliver an unprecedented, government-wide view of how well agencies serve their customers through the Web.
- Participation from 45 agencies offers data from a variety of types of websites within government. See agency participation at pulse.cio.gov.
- Making analytic data more accessible will create new possibilities for agencies to collaborate to improve services.
Participating in the Program
Any federal agency can sign up to use the common Web analytics tool. Here’s how it works:
- Agencies define a DAP point of contact.
- GSA will send the agency point of contact a short, sign-up form to register their agency and work with them to implement the common page tag code.
- GSA will provide implementation support, access to training, and other resources to agency points of contact.
- If you don’t have an identified point of contact, send us an email.
Gaining access to DAP
If your agency participates in the program, you can request access to the data by emailing us. We’ll send you instructions and a short registration form, and notify your agency POC. After you complete the form, we’ll grant you access and get you started!
Email the Digital Analytics Program