U.S. government employees only are eligible to join.
To join, email CONTENT-MANAGERS-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org with nothing in the subject.
We are a group for federal, tribal, state, and local government employees who manage government websites and digital services. We are working to create a trusted, seamless online experience for all.
What We Do
Together, everyone achieves more. We recognize the expert in each of us. Our primary purpose is to collaborate and share ideas, challenges, lessons learned, and best practices in managing government websites and digital services.
We support efforts to implement the 21st Century Integrated Digital Experience Act (21st Century IDEA) and other requirements for government websites and digital services.
We meet several times a year and maintain an active LISTSERV. We also work with other communities of practice and the Federal Web Council to publish case studies, blog posts, and other resources on Digital.gov.
Who We Are
We held our first community meeting in October 2000. The web content managers group was started as a way for content managers, not techies, to get together to discuss web content and management issues facing the federal government. We have evolved over the past 20 years to include everyone who has a role in building websites and digital services.
- Checklist of Requirements for Federal Websites and Digital Services — The relevant laws, policies, and regulations for federal agencies.
- Required Web Content and Links — A list of required links that all federal websites need to have.
- Website Standards — Adopt the U.S. Web Design System incrementally, and prioritize implementation to align with the modernization plans and priorities.
- 2021 Federal Plain Language Summit (09/21/2021)
- FedRAMP & DAP Case Study Part 2: Reporting and Decision-Making (09/01/2021)
- FedRAMP & DAP Case Study Part 1: Assessing Analytics Strategy (07/28/2021)
- Digital Meets Culture: Getting Your Culture in Line With Your Digital Strategy (07/15/2021)
- Using Plain Language To Tell Our Stories (07/14/2021)
- 2021 User Experience Summit (06/22/2021)
The Communities of Practice are hosted by digital.gov, a service of the Technology Transformation Services (TTS) within the General Services Administration (GSA). GSA is a federal agency subject to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and must comply with requests for records made under FOIA. As a result, all communications made on this Communities of Practice LISTSERV are subject to release under FOIA.
When participating in this CoP, follow Digital.gov Community Guidelines.
Have feedback or questions? Send us an email »