To join, email VRfirstname.lastname@example.org with
AR/VR Listserv in the subject.
Immersive, enhanced audio and visual experiences through virtual and augmented reality are now available to many U.S. citizens through smartphones and other mobile devices—opening the door to an incredible diversity of new programs and services.
Who We Are
This community serves as a collaborative hub for the research and refinement of VR and AR business cases and pilot programs across government.
How to Join
If you are a federal government employee with a .gov or .mil email address, join our Virtual and Augmented Reality Community.
What We Do
Federal agencies are eager to share their ideas on how this new medium might expand and improve their services – using virtual therapy to treat PTSD, educating farmers on the installation of solar panels, or disaster management preparedness and response. To help explore and share these great ideas, we host workshops where agencies and industry specialists can brainstorm and demonstrate the new technologies.
- DevOps Holiday Special Event: Nicolas Chaillan (12/03/2019)
- Emerging Technology Leadership Series: Laura Manley, Harvard Technology and Public Purpose Project (12/18/2018)
- Emerging Technology for Government Services Meeting (12/17/2018)
- GSA Future Services Now: Emerging Tech for Government Services (10/12/2018)
- Performance Goals for Government Services / August 2018 Inter-agency Emerging Citizen Technology Meeting (08/06/2018)
The Communities of Practice are hosted by digital.gov, a service of the Technology Transformation Services (TTS) within the General Services Administration (GSA). GSA is a federal agency subject to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and must comply with requests for records made under FOIA. As a result, all communications made on this Communities of Practice LISTSERV are subject to release under FOIA.
When participating in this CoP, follow Digital.gov Community Guidelines.
Have feedback or questions? Send us an email »