Anyone is eligible to join.
To join, email PL-COP-MAINfirstname.lastname@example.org with nothing in the subject.
The Plain Language Action and Information Network (PLAIN) is a community of federal employees dedicated to the idea that citizens deserve clear communications from government. We believe that using plain language saves federal agencies time and money and provides better service to the American public.
What We Do
Throughout the year, PLAIN provides free plain language training to federal staff and hosts plain-language related events such as monthly meetings and our annual summit. Our community offers support and answers to members’ questions.
To be notified about PLAIN activities and new resources, sign up for the PL-COP.
Who We Are
We’re a group of plain language practitioners from federal government agencies and the public, with varying specialties and different levels of expertise.
- 2021 Federal Plain Language Summit (09/21/2021)
- SocialGov Summer Sessions 2021 (08/25/2021)
- Using Plain Language To Tell Our Stories (07/14/2021)
- Plain Language Webinar: Using Words to Build Better Digital Experiences (06/09/2021)
- Accessible Digital Content: Tips and Tricks (05/26/2021)
- USWDS & Accessibility: Creating More Inclusive Federal Websites (05/20/2021)
The Communities of Practice are hosted by digital.gov, a service of the Technology Transformation Services (TTS) within the General Services Administration (GSA). GSA is a federal agency subject to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and must comply with requests for records made under FOIA. As a result, all communications made on this Communities of Practice LISTSERV are subject to release under FOIA.
When participating in this CoP, follow Digital.gov Community Guidelines.
Have feedback or questions? Send us an email »