Note: This list is provided as a resource and inclusion is not an endorsement by DigitalGov, the Technology Transformation Service or GSA.
Digital communities of practice come in many stripes. DigitalGov communities span 10 (and counting) focus areas and have thousands of members, but strong collaborations exist in all corners of government.
Here is a list of some communities working in the digital arena:
- 18F/ Developer Program
- CIO Council: Accessibility Community of Practice
- CIO Council: Privacy Community of Practice
- Digital Service listserv: This listserv is used for cross-team announcements and conversation between USDS HQ, agency digital service teams, 18F etc. Email email@example.com with no subject and “subscribe digitalservice” in the body.
- Drupal for Government
- eCPIC Federal Steering Committee (FESCom)
- Federal Intranet Content Managers
- Federal Knowledge Management Community
- Federal Librarians
- Government Open Source
- Ideation Community of Practice
- Mobile Health (mHealth) Training Institutes
- Open Data: For people who want to discuss open data policy. Anyone with a .gov email can email firstname.lastname@example.org with “subscribe open-data” in the body of the message.
- Open Government
- Open Opportunities
- Security Today: This list is for discussing modern developments and best practices in security and privacy, with a (not exclusive) focus on technology and the internet. Email email@example.com with no subject and “subscribe Security-Today” in the body.
Do you know of additional communities that are doing excellent work in the federal digital space? Email us.