Open to anyone with a .gov or .mil email address.
To join, email firstname.lastname@example.org with
Join: Cloud & Infrastructure Community in the subject and
Subscribe datacenters [First Name] [Last Name], [Position Title] in the body.
Avg. 0.5 emails per week
Who We Are
The Cloud and Infrastructure Community of Practice (C&I CoP) is chartered under the Federal CIO Council and governed by an Executive Committee of representatives from both CFO Act and small federal agency representatives. GSA’s Data Center and Cloud Optimization Initiative (DCCOI) Program Management Office (PMO) provides logistical support for the CoP in the areas of policy compliance and operational best practices to meet requirements in OMB M-19-19 (PDF, 2.2 MB, 13 pages and the federal cloud computing strategy, Cloud Smart.
What We Do
We connect data center and cloud colleagues to share insights and knowledge on:
- Data center infrastructure management
- Facility oversight and optimization
- Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) Reporting
- New technologies
- Cloud optimization best practices
- Application Rationalization
We host a monthly conference call and occasional in-person events in Washington, DC.
- Operating Cloud Services Efficiently with Business-Driven IT (09/22/2020)
- A Technical Overview of cloud.gov (07/15/2020)
- Building for the 21st-Century Web with Federalist (06/16/2020)
- Cloud.gov for Product Managers (04/22/2020)
- Intro to Cloud Foundry on Cloud.gov (03/31/2020)
The Communities of Practice are hosted by digital.gov, a service of the Technology Transformation Services (TTS) within the General Services Administration (GSA). GSA is a federal agency subject to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and must comply with requests for records made under FOIA. As a result, all communications made on this Communities of Practice LISTSERV are subject to release under FOIA.
When participating in this CoP, follow Digital.gov Community Guidelines.
Have feedback or questions? Send us an email »