Anyone with a .gov or .mil email address is eligible to join
To join, email email@example.com with nothing in the subject.
Thinking about crowdsourcing and incentives as innovative ways to tackle problems within your agency? Want to talk to someone who has done it? Better yet, want to talk to somebody within your own agency, or someone who has run the same type of competition you want to run?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the Challenge and Prize Federal Community of Practice is for you!
Who we are
Hackathons, grand challenges, data jams, map-a-thons—it’s all crowdsourcing. Our community strives to tap into the public braintrust to help government solve complex problems. We are a thriving inter-agency community of dedicated and passionate civil servants encouraging innovation in government. Membership and participation are open to federal, tribal, state and local government.
What we do
Our members exchange ideas, review best practices, and provide a sounding board on crowdsourcing policies and procedures. We are changing the way the government does business, advising our organizational leaders on new ways to source innovations—wherever they emerge—at tremendous cost avoidance and in a fraction of the usual procurement time.
Our community supports and encourages the use of incentivized competition to attract and engage the public to help us meet critical government needs.
Members of the Challenge and Prize COP gather about four times a year to share ideas, review best practices, and discuss policies and procedures. Membership and participation is open to federal, state, and local government. We host a listserv for members to ask questions, announce new challenges and prizes, and more.
- Official listing of federal prizes and challenges: http://www.challenge.gov
- Challenge.gov e-Newsletter: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USGSATTS/subscriber/topics?qsp=USGSATTS_6
- Toolkit and resources on running challenges: http://www.challenge.gov/toolkit
- Playlist of challenges and prizes webinars: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd9b-GuOJ3nFeJeAHAn3Z5opohjxIw8OC
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/challengegov
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/challengegov
- Challenge and Prize Community Spotlight Chat with the Small Business Administration (06/08/2021)
- Challenge and Prize Spotlight Chat with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) (04/21/2021)
- Get your Idea Funded Through GSA’s 10x Program (03/02/2021)
- Federal Crowdsourcing Webinar Series, Episode 15 — 10x: Transforming Technology Through Agile Investments (10/29/2020)
- Federal Crowdsourcing Webinar Series, Episode 14: Putting Open Data to Work for America’s Communities (09/15/2020)
The Communities of Practice are hosted by digital.gov, a service of the Technology Transformation Services (TTS) within the General Services Administration (GSA). GSA is a federal agency subject to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and must comply with requests for records made under FOIA. As a result, all communications made on this Communities of Practice LISTSERV are subject to release under FOIA.
When participating in this CoP, follow Digital.gov Community Guidelines.
Have feedback or questions? Send us an email »