Summary: Clinicians using electronic health record (EHR) systems to make requests for patients need an intuitive, but safe, method of confirming that they want to cancel a started function or form. Recently, Veterans Health Administration (VHA) developers asked Human Factors Engineering (HFE) to assess a concern that a confirmation dialog in the EHR contained unclear button labeling that might easily confuse or slow down clinicians who encountered it, and created inconsistent messaging across the application.
Abigail Noonan is a Sr. Human Factors Engineer in the Office of Health Informatics, Office of Informatics and Analytics (10P2) of the Veterans Health Administration.
- Want a More Innovative Agency? Encourage Employees to Experiment
- Collaborating for Better Design, Technology, and User Experience
- Experiments in Tweaking Agile for UX
- Introducing Accessibility for Teams
- How One Team is Making the Transition to Agile