Summary: Clinicians using electronic health record (EHR) systems to make requests for patients need an intuitive, but safe, method of confirming that they want to cancel a started function or form. Recently, Veterans Health Administration (VHA) developers asked Human Factors Engineering (HFE) to assess a concern that a confirmation dialog in the EHR contained unclear button labeling that might easily confuse or slow down clinicians who encountered it, and created inconsistent messaging across the application.
Abigail Noonan is a Sr. Human Factors Engineer in the Office of Health Informatics, Office of Informatics and Analytics (10P2) of the Veterans Health Administration.
- Go Beyond Coaching and Mentorship and Get Started as a Sponsor
- Using Augmented Reality to Teach Kids about Currency
- Deep Dive: How a Health Tech Sprint Pioneered an AI Ecosystem
- Why Our Country Needs More Civic Tech Leaders
- Introducing the 2019 Presidential Innovation Fellows
DAP Learning Series: Understanding When to Use Sessions vs. Unique Pageviews
Mar 20, 2p.m.
Caroline Jarrett on How to Design a Better Form
Apr 9, 2p.m.
An Introduction to the U.S. Data Federation
Apr 17, 1p.m.