Won’t You Help Your Neighbor? Communities Theme Month on DigitalGov
It’s a beautiful day in the DigitalGov neighborhood, and we want you to be our neighbor: no red sweater required.
The strength of digital government depends on robust collaboration across agencies, offices, and disciplines. The virtual federal neighborhood collaborates through numerous communities of practice, each of which promotes the open exchange of ideas and resources.
Communities have already made a big splash in 2015, and for this month’s DigitalGov theme, we’ll highlight those efforts. How do digital communities of practice contribute to making government more open, efficient, and effective? Theme articles will include:
- An overview of the digital communities open to federal employees
- A look at how community “rock stars” have gone above and beyond in contributing to projects
- Insights on how the private sector’s use of communities can translate into the government realm
- A recap of the Customer Experience Community of Practice’s first event, Hitting the Customer Experience Out of the Park
- Updated mobile development resources from the MobileGov Community of Practice
- An overview of the CIO Council’s IT Solutions Challenge, which reaches out to federal professionals at all levels in order to tackle the biggest problems in federal IT and IT Acquisition